Level 4 apprenticeships are equivalent to a foundation degree. In order to enroll in a level 4 qualification, it is often necessary that you have a level 3 qualification; such as A-levels, or have completed an advanced apprenticeship.
After completing a higher apprenticeship your options include:
- Studying for a degree at university.
- Progressing onto a degree level apprenticeship (only for qualifications such as aerospace engineering and product design and development).
- Moving into full time work with your existing employer.
- Finding a new job related to your qualification.
- Working freelance or self employed in your chosen career path.