23 of the Most Bizarre Job Interview Questions Asked in BritainPosted: 30th of April 2015 by
The Association of Accounting Technicians conducted a survey of the strangest job interview questions asked of British job-seekers. While they may not have found every bizarre question asked at interview – there were some decidedly odd questions – such as, “Who would win in a fight, Superman or Batman?”
We’re not sure where such questions might bear any bearing on the outcome of a job interview (unless you are applying to write comic-book scripts), while the idea of not getting the job because you like to sing in the bath is certainly odd!
The list was compiled from a survey of 2,000 Britons – but we’d love to know which companies thought that these questions should be asked at interview!
Here are the 23 bizarre job interview questions – have you heard any similarly strange questions? If so, let us know!
- Would you post about work on Facebook?
- Would you rather know a lot about a little or a little about a lot?
- Who would you invite to a dinner party?
- Who would win in a fight superman or batman?
- Who is your favourite Doctor Who?
- Which video game character would I like to be and why?
- Which three celebrities would you like to join for a night out?
- Do you prefer to be right, or be liked?
- Do you wear jeans outside of work?
- What would you do if the sun died out?
- Are you a Coronation Street or EastEnders fan?
- What would you do if you caught a member of staff kissing the boss?
- What dinosaur would you like to be?
- Was the book Frankenstein really about state control?
- Please do an improvisation of a film (with potential co-worker)
- Build a tower of paper cups in 1 minute that would not fall down when you put water in the top cup
- Tell me 20 unique selling points about this BIC pen
- Please bring a toy with you and explain how this reflects you as a person or a part of your personality
- Is a Jaffa cake a cake or biscuit?
- How do you feel about blood sports?
- If a Hippo falls into a hole how would you get it out?
- Do you like to sing in the bath?
- Would you drive through an amber traffic light?
You Might Also Like:
Job Interview? Just Be Yourself!
Applying For Work? Not Getting An Interview? What To Do!
Overcome Your Fears and Create The Future You Want
When you are looking for an apprenticeship, or your first job, it’s probable that most of your attention will be focused on landing the role. ...
Applying for an apprenticeship can be a very competitive process and many organisations use video interviews as an initial screening process. Most...