Apprenticeships for the legal professionPosted: 10th of February 2016 by
The legal profession includes a huge variety of job roles and a fulfilling career in the legal profession is available through an apprenticeship programme.
The legal profession in England and Wales employs approximately 16,000 barristers, 110,000 solicitors, 7,000 chartered legal executives and 5,000 other legal professionals. Find out more about the legal services apprenticeship here.
Level of apprenticeship: Advanced and higher
There are 7 pathways available: – Criminal prosecution, civil litigation, employment practice, family practice, property, private client practice, paralegal practice.
Understanding the pathways:
- Criminal Prosecution is about the filing of criminal cases.
- Civil Litigation deals with disputes between two or more parties who may be seeking criminal damages or other sanctions.
- Employment Practice is about the law relating to employment.
- Family Practice relates to law about families and child care.
- Property is about the law as it relates to land and conveyancing.
- Private Client Practice focuses on law relating to wills and succession.
- Paralegal Practice is a general pathway for those who are working within different legal contexts.
Job roles that you might have as a legal apprenitces: Paralegal officer, Paralegal assistant, junior paralegal, civil litigation assistant, legal adviser, trainee legal executive.
Qualifications that you will study for as a legal apprentice: The qualifications available will depend on the pathway that is chosen, but they include: Level 3 certificate in Criminal Prosecution Casework, Level 3 certificate in knowledge of Criminal Prosecution Procedures, Level 3 Diploma in providing legal services, Level 3 Certificate in Civil Litigation, Level 3 Certificate in Employment Practice, Level 3 Certificate in Family Practice, Level 3 Certificate in Property, Level 3 Certificate in Private Client Practice and the Level 3 Cert in Paralegal Practice.
MetFilm School is a world-leading film, television and online media school offering undergraduate, postgraduate and short courses. Our London campus...
The construction industry has a nostalgic air about it. There’s a strong perception that its traditional ways of working are just the way we’ve...
When you are looking for an apprenticeship, or your first job, it’s probable that most of your attention will be focused on landing the role. ...
Applying for an apprenticeship can be a very competitive process and many organisations use video interviews as an initial screening process. Most...