Top Tips for Open DaysPosted: 22nd of October 2014 by Zoe Pereira
The Edge Hotel School will be at the University of Essex Open Day on Saturday 25 October, where you can take part in tours, talks and speak to current students about our fast-track BA (Hons) Hotel Management degree. If you’re looking forward to attending our Open Day - or any others - but aren’t quite sure what to expect or how to approach it, we’re here to help with some helpful tips…
- Plan your day in advance so that you know exactly where you are headed when you arrive. This way, you can fit more into your day and ensure you get to see all that there is to offer. Check the university’s website for a campus map and keep an eye on your emails for confirmation of where you need to go.
- Bring along a notepad and pen so that you can make notes as you go or even tick things off a checklist. If you are looking at several universities, come up with a few key questions to ask at each one - the answers may help you make up your mind if you are unsure when it comes to making your choices.
- If you already know which course you’d like to apply for, read up as much as you can about it before the day. When you come to meet staff members and students at the open day, you be better prepared and be able to ask questions to make sure it’s the right choice for you. If you don’t know which course you want to study, keep your options open and take in as much information as you can, both before and during the Open Day – the more you know about your choices the better informed a decision you will be able to make!
- Think about whether you’d like to attend the Open Day on your own, or with friends and family. Both have their pros and cons. Going on your own could help you to make new friends and explore the university at your own pace, whilst having somebody you know with you could help you see a broader picture.
- Make sure you enjoy yourself and participate! You’ll never know what it’s really like to attend the university if you don’t get stuck in and make the most of it on the day. There will often be taster lectures or talks, as well as tours of the campus, where you can find out more – get involved.
Book your place at the next Edge Hotel School Open Event on our website, we would love to see you there.
When you are looking for an apprenticeship, or your first job, it’s probable that most of your attention will be focused on landing the role. ...
Applying for an apprenticeship can be a very competitive process and many organisations use video interviews as an initial screening process. Most...