Want To Do An Apprenticeship And Work In Finance?
Posted: 5th of September 2016 by Lynette Daly
There are lots of different financial services apprenticeships covering many job roles. If you want to do an apprenticeship and work in finance then read on.
The financial services apprenticeships available include:
- Relationship manager – banking
- Investment operations specialist
- Financial services administrator
- Senior financial services customer adviser
- Investment operations technician
- Workplace pensions consultant
- Mortgage adviser
- Financial services customer adviser
- Investment operations administrator
- Credit controller
- Senior paraplanner
- Advanced credit control and debt collection
- Financial adviser
One of the roles listed you may not have heard of – that of paraplanner.
A paraplanner is a person who works and supports the financial planner or financial adviser. They complete a number of the non-client facing tasks involved in preparing and administering a financial plan for a client. The role of a paraplanner is therefore different from the role of a financial adviser.
What skills does a paraplanner have?
The particular tasks that any paraplanner will undertake will differ depending on the company that they work for but in general the skills that they have and use are:
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to analyse statistics
- Ability to conduct research for appropriate providers and investments
- Good understanding of compliance issues
- Good time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and IT skills
Did you find this useful? You must sign up or log in to vote.