5 ways to get that perfect CV!
Posted: 4th of July 2017 by Alicia.Collier@accaglobal.com
5 easy steps to get that perfect CV!
Applying for apprenticeships can be competitive so it’s important that you do your best to have a strong CV and application to stand out from the crowd! We have put together five steps to help you get closer to that perfect application.
- get your friends and family to proofread your CV to avoid spelling mistakes
- reduce your CV to two pages maximum – employers may read hundreds of CV’s for one role so make sure it is clear, easy to read and flows well
- add in experiences that will make you stand out to employers and will show them something about your personality such as volunteering for an animal charity
- use a simple layout in an appropriate program such as Word as the layout may get changed when put through the employers system – also avoid using textboxes!
- have a skeleton CV that you can tailor for job applications – this will allow you to add experiences which show your suitability for a certain role or organisation
Once you have polished up your CV, you can start applying to apprenticeship roles on our job board, where new employers regularly add opportunities.