Why did you choose to do an apprenticeship?
My main motivation for choosing an apprenticeship was how unappealing university seemed to me. Independent learning is not my strong suit so having the ability to work in an area I'm interested in and learn at the same time sounded amazing.
What do you enjoy most about your apprenticeship?
The thing I enjoy the most is the support I receive from everyone around me. Every day I'm surrounded by talented people who have so much experience and knowledge they're willing to share. Being given the opportunity to learn from them and put my experience I gather from my apprenticeship into practice in the workplace is really rewarding. It feels great to have recognition for what you do, and even more so when you see the final outcome.
What has been your highlight so far?
My highlight so far would be when Back 4 Blood released. I started very late into the game's lifecycle so to be a part of the release (and get a free copy of the game!) was an awesome feeling.
What advice would you give to people thinking of doing an apprenticeship?
Don't feel pressured to make your decision straight out of school. I personally took a few years out of education to work and get some experience before applying for an apprenticeship! That might sound like a lot of time but what it really means is that it's never too late. Take your time, think about what you really want to do, and go for it.
What is an apprenticeship?
If University isn’t quite your thing, but are looking for a qualification, our apprenticeships may be appealing to you. As an apprentice, you’ll work full-time at a competitive salary. In turn, we’ll pay for you to earn a professional qualification while giving you time off to attend college/training with your peers. Apprenticeships vary in length depending on the qualification you’re studying.
Find out more here!
What’s the criteria to do an apprenticeship?
- You must be educated to A-Level (standard or equivalent)
- No previous experience is required but we want to see your passion for the industry
- Our Apprenticeships last between 18-24 months, depending on the qualification
- Full-time hours (with 20% dedicated to “off the job” learning)
Why choose WarnerMedia?
- You will gain hands-on experience working on business-critical projects.
- You will have to opportunity to network and build relationships with professionals, executives, and other students passionate about their field.
- You will work with industry professionals to best position yourself for a full-time position upon graduation/completion of internship.
- You will be enrolled on our Early Careers learning & training programme, as well as having access to personal and professional development courses, executive speakers’ series, special screenings and more.
- You will have the chance to give back to the community.
- You will be one of over 100 WM Early Careers employees, meaning you will have an important support network of other students, graduates and apprentices and plenty of opportunities to socialise!