Greg Taylor, Delivery Apprentice at Home GroupPosted: 23rd of July 2018 by Sophia
I was successful in my A levels and got four A grades in Business, Art, English Language and Media.
My original plan was to go to University but after a recommendation by a family friend, I looked on the Home Group website apprenticeships page. I was impressed, applied and started on an apprenticeship within the development team in September 2017.
As part of my apprenticeship I also study for a degree, which means that I’ll end up getting a qualification in Quantity Surveying after my three years working here with none of the student debt!
Doing this apprenticeship has given me practical experience and I feel I am more employable now than I would have been.
A bit about Home Group:
Home Group’s commitment to apprentices continues to grow, supporting our mission to build our customers’ independence and aspirations.
Our apprenticeship scheme is aligned to areas of business growth, delivering a talent pipeline that slots into jobs as we grow. Our apprentices are fully qualified, know the business, and are loyal and engaged.
Just some of our apprentice achievements include:
- Since 2013 we’ve employed 300 apprentices, doubling our annual intake of apprentices from 60 to 120 in 2017
- This year we’ll be offering 18 apprenticeship types, ranging from Health and Social Care and Housing, to Procurement and Digital Marketing
- Sustained a 75% progression rate of completers into employment, 80% of which were into jobs with Home Group
- 100% qualification pass rate for completers
- 95% of apprentices say we’re ‘a great place to work’
We want to invest in you:
- We pay above the national apprenticeship minimum wage to ensure our apprentices are better off working than on benefits
- We guarantee progression for successful apprentice completers who want a job; coaching them to make job application and prepare for interviews
Want to know more? Get in touch
For more information on all our apprenticeship vacancies, have a look here: www.homegroup.org.uk/careers/apprenticeships
Latest Case Study
Females represent only 15% of the technology sector. Empiric trying to change this through our Next Tech Girls (NTG) initiative. NTG’s mission is...
Carolina Lopato Ricorico Team: Asset Management (Asset Advisory) Office: Aldgate Tower - London Apprenticeship Level: 6 Studying: Building Surveying,...