12 month USA Au Pair opportunity
- Gap Year
- Employment & Training
- School Leaver
- Gap Year
- Travel and Tourism
- Academic & Education
Earn $ 10 000 + year, including accommodation and meals. Health insurance, return flights to the USA and J-1 visa sponsorship included. Also included are 3 days at an Au Pair training school in Connecticut.
As an Au Pair, you will become part of an American family for a minimum of 1 year with the option to extend for up to 2 years.
As a part of the programme, whilst in the USA, you also get to complete at least six academic credits (or equivalent hours) at an accredited USA post-secondary educational institution – this works out at just over an hour per week.
This is an amazing and exciting opportunity to add to your education during your time in America. It will look great on your CV and some of the subjects are fantastic options (like photography or fashion). It is also a great way to make new friends from all over the world. Your Host Family will pay up to $500 or $1000 (based on your programme) towards your course.
Host Families can ask you to work up to 45 hours per week maximum with 1.5 days off per week and 1 full weekend off per month. You will also have 2 week’s paid holiday and the opportunity to travel for a month around the USA at the end of your successful placement.
Enjoying childcare is a must. The daily schedule and range of tasks vary from family to family but some of the most common tasks are:
- Getting children up and ready for the day
- Preparing meals for children
- Being home as necessary if children are home from school due to illness, holidays or weather
- Taking the children to and from activities, helping with homework
- Organising activities, play dates and days out
- Organising children’s bedroom and laundry
You will receive $195.75 every week from the Host Family.
You are eligible to become an Au Pair in the USA if you meet the following criteria set by the United States Government:
- Aged 18-26
- Be available for full 12 months cultural exchange program
- Have previous childcare experience and can provide two references for non-family related childcare (minimum of 200 hours of childcare experience. This experience can include babysitting, working in a school or day care, or prior Au Pair / Nanny experience)
- Hold a full driving license
- Have secondary school exams (GCSEs or equivalent)
- Have no criminal record and can get a recent, enhanced DBS check in advance of travel
- Are in good health
- Have never participated in an Au Pair programme in the USA