You’ll be working for a business that began in 1991, and since then, has assisted thousands of organisations in adapting and thriving in the continually changing technology landscape, through deploying valuable technology, delivering personalised services and providing reliable IT support. Over time we’ve built strong partnerships with globally recognised companies, including Microsoft, HP, Dynabook, Intel, Lenovo, Cisco Meraki, Blancco and Acer. Also being granted significant accreditations and been placed upon prestigious frameworks, as a result of our proven abilities and trusted offerings.
As well as this, we offer our own branded desktop, notebook and other IT devices, manufactured at our Stafford HQ, where they have their own purpose built, fully secure ITAD and recycling facilities.
This dedication has enabled us to become the UK’s leading supplier of technology to education and the public sector, as well as being a highly regarded, dependable provider to private sector organisations.
Over nearly 3 decades, we have grown significantly, and our vision has grown.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
- To take/log/monitor/resolve IT related incidents/service requests via phone/e-mail/portal.
- To be proactive and "own" calls residing on the Service Desk.
- To share knowledge and learn from the team.
- Provide technical support to customers with a managed service contract and support to 1st and 2nd line service desk technicians
- To respond to reported incidents with given SLAs
- Provide high levels of customer service and ensuring customer satisfaction throughout
- Perform system health checks to pre-determined schedules and completing system reports
- Support 1st and 2nd line support technicians and customers with such support requirements
- Maintaining customer support documentation
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- To consult on infrastructure problems and provide suitable networking solutions
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- To troubleshoot and resolve 3rd line issues that 2nd line engineers have escalated, whilst maintaining an accurate task record in our helpdesk system
- To assist 2nd line support technicians whilst maintaining accurate task records in service desk system
- Proactively help resolve 1st, 2nd and 3rd line tickets where required
- To participate in infrastructure design, installation, hardware refresh and other projects
- Design network infrastructure solutions based on specification
- Perform onsite wireless surveys
- Review monitoring alerts to ensure clients system health is not compromised
- Use diagnostic tools (hardware & software) and analysers to troubleshoot network performance issues
- Configuring Stone’s hyper-converged virtualisation platform based on specification
- Comply with Stone’s internal management systems, safety and security policies
- Undertake ad hoc duties and responsibilities as necessary
Desired skills and qualities:
- Excellent customer service (willing to go the extra mile)
- Ability to pay attention in detail, multi-task effectively and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Have an interest in learning about current, new and future technologies to help the company, customers, themselves and their team
- Good time management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Methodical with ability to organise and prioritise
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with excellent customer service and liaison skills
- Microsoft Windows 7 & 10, Office 2013 onwards
- Basic understanding of broadband connectivity and LAN networking
- Knowledge of computer components
- Good standard of education with grade C or equivalent in Maths and English [5 GCSE's total]
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.