Opal are an IT Company providing solutions and support to a large client base covering the UK, servicing customers in various sectors from Finance, Creative/Media/Print and Education.
Primarily based at our Newcastle office, although work at our Edinburgh office will be required to cover holidays and staff absence. You will be providing initial troubleshooting steps to a range of clients and solutions supported by OPAL.
Although this is a technical role, we do require the successful candidate to demonstrate exceptional administration skills. The Help Desk handles numerous support tickets via phone and email and it is key that these requests are processed to a contractual SLA.
We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive person who can demonstrate successful experience in a similar role.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Logging support tickets into our internal CRM system
- Liaise with engineers to update customers during the support process
- Provide initial telephone/ remote support to on-site clients.
- Re-direct or escalate issues to the relevant 2ndline support department
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone manner
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise jobs when under pressure
- Knowledge of IT terminology and phrases
- A working knowledge of the Windows OS, Apple Os and common applications
- A diligent approach to procedures and reporting
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above.
- 23 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Enrolment in company pension scheme, matched to 5% contribution
- Company social events, including annual Christmas party
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.