We have a culture of strong safety and compliance principles, driven by dedicated Safety F1rst and Doing the Right Thing (compliance) Initiative. Health and safety is paramount to the business ethos – it is fundamental to good business performance, and integral to long-term business success.
The diverse customer base includes rural residential customers, small, medium and large businesses, agricultural businesses and family farms. In addition, there are specialist sector teams for aviation, marine, fuel retailing and lubricant customers. For the fuel retail sector, there are supply agreements to 1,200 retail forecourts, including almost 500 Gulf-branded sites. We are a major supplier of transport fuel through our branded fuel cards business. In addition we offer lubricant products to all commercial sectors and offer other complementary services, including boiler servicing and maintenance, tanks, additives and specialist fuels.
You’ll be working in the IT Support Team as an Apprentice for our Energy Business.
- Basic networking skills to be comfortable with network architecture from server and Citrix to workstations.
- Identifying and solving the cause of user print issues, including clearing print queues and general printer faults.
- Basic Citrix skills; disconnection and resetting of Citrix sessions and the ability to distinguish an individual error opposed to a site/system issue, escalating to 2nd Line when appropriate.
- With a working knowledge of Active Directory, ensure that the users can access data to satisfy the requirements of the Business and their role within it, in addition to ensuring that the integrity of business confidential data is maintained.
- Splicecom telephone systems call reporting software use.
- Good Codas skills ensuring that all aspects of user support are met including creation and deletion of user accounts.
- To play a part within the IT team to achieve and exceed any set KPIs or objectives set for you and within Its departmental budgetary targets
- Be aware of and understand the departmental and business targets; and the role that you play in their delivery
- The job holder recognises the role team work has in the Company’s success and contributes to this through displaying enthusiasm, co-operation and flexibility; treating others the way they would wish to be treated themselves
- Communicate and promote “Core Values” and business objectives within the team
- Responsible for own personal development.
- Promote a positive Health and Safety culture in line with Safety F1rst principles
- Ensure compliance to all policies and procedures regarding driving on Company business when required to do so
- Ensure the correct PPE is worn when visiting Company locations and customer sites
- Comply with relevant site rules when visiting Company locations
- Responsible for personal Safety, that of the team, colleagues, contractors, visitors and customers within the work place.
Desired skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good telephone manner.
- Patience and understanding when communicating with users.
- Time Management skills.
- Willingness to help and train others.
- Ability to work alone and unsupervised and prioritise work according to business needs.
- Analytical skills & problem solving.
- Being able to work as part of a team in a professional, responsive and effective manner.
- Co-ordination skills.
- Good Documentation skills.
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
37.5hrs per week.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.