1ST LINE SUPPORT APPRENTICE – ALDGATE EAST – EC2M
Not taking applications
- Advanced Apprenticeship
Do you have:
WILLINGNESS TO LEARN?
ABILITY TO TAKE FEEDBACK?
PROPENSITY TO TAKE ACTION?
We call this #EEWAP, and if you are full of #EEWAP then an apprenticeship with Tech City Stars could be PERFECT for you!
WHAT DOES THIS JOB INVOLVE?
We would like a 1st Line Support Apprentice to work in a best practice service management environment.
Effectively operating in a first line capacity, your primary responsibility will be to provide telephone & remote diagnostic application support for a range of applications & products.
Of key importance is an ability to take responsibility for the ownership, progression & resolution of incidents.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
· To maintain motivation and focus within a highly technical team.
· To answer and resolve all customer enquiries and issues received at the front line.
· To work closely with the other Technical Advisers within the team to ensure the smooth. functioning of in-house database systems.
· Use the help desk call logging database to record and track progress of problem resolution, and to identify repeating incidents and escalate to the Senior and or developers as necessary.
· To keep up to date with changes and advances in the IT Industry and systems development.
· Investigation and resolution (first time fix) of common desktop issues (e.g. printing issues, account lockouts, etc.)
· Admin Tasks e.g. create new users, action leavers, IT Procurement.
· Upgrade and configure system software.
· Reporting to 2nd Line Support when necessary.
· Use diagnostic tools to carry out non-routine diagnoses.
· Configure and apply specified security tools to identify and prevent breaches of security.
· Any other duties as required.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BE GOOD AT?
Our client would be particularly interested in candidates with/who are;
· Good analysis skills
· Keen and willing to learn.
· Excellent attention to detail, ability to follow instructions.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Skills in problem solving, organisation and planning.
· IT Literate; proficient with Microsoft office applications proficiency, especially Word & Excel.
All you need is EEWAP – Energy, Enthusiasm, Willingness to Learn, Ability to Take Feedback and Propensity to Take Action.
You’ll also need to pass a face to face screening interview with our Employer Partnerships team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch) and sit initial assessments in Maths and English.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
There’s tons of information on Tech City Stars, our qualifications and our process for helping young people to kickstart their careers on our website – www.techcitystars.co
ABOUT TECH CITY STARS
Tech City Stars helps talented young people to start their careers through exciting apprenticeships with a focus on digital skills. Apprentices are able to choose from one of our three advanced apprenticeship pathways – Digital Marketing, IT Support & Networks and Web & Software Development. Once you’ve applied, we’ll work with you to understand which pathway is the best fit for your skills, personality and interests and then we’ll introduce you to employers looking for apprentices in that pathway.
Every week, Tech City Stars puts on an awesome event where employers come to meet a group of young people who are full of #EEWAP and who are looking for apprenticeships. The event lasts a full day, and every candidate gets the opportunity to meet and impress a group of awesome businesspeople who are looking to hire apprentices. After the event, employers invite successful candidates to work trials in their offices, and if that goes well – hey presto – YOU’RE AN APPRENTICE!Sign-up or log in to apply