Extech Cloud is a leading managed serviced and Microsoft partner, providing support to small and medium-sized business predominantly in London and the southeast. We are currently looking to expand our team of keen, technical engineer.
To support the next phase of rapid growth, we require a 1st Line Support Engineer who will provide telephone and remote support.
Successful candidates will have a well-rounded knowledge of IT, be customer-focused and be prepared to work in a customer-facing role.
Main Responsibilities: (but not limited)
- You will provide telephone and remote access-based support
- You will deal with customer installations and support issues that can't be dealt with remotely
- You will be customer-focused and prepared to work in a customer-facing role
- You will be required to answer incoming calls and log incidents clearly in our ITSM tool
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
- Experience in IT support/helpdesk role for end-users
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective communication skills and style, able to explain complex issues to non-technical users
- Keen interest in technology
- Good organisation skills and eager to learn
- Good customer awareness, ability to manage customer expectations
- Able to work under pressure and against timelines
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ambitions, strong work ethic and open to new ideas
Knowledge/experience of some or all of the following technology preferred, although not required
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Apple OSX Experience would be a benefit but not required
- Common desktop applications (Office, Sage, Sharepoint, etc)
- Working knowledge of desktop and notebook hardware and components
- Computer Networking/Routing (LAN, WAN, VPN, etc)
Desired qualification requirements:
3 GCSE Grade A - C or above, plus English and Maths or equivalent at grade C or above.
Working week: Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 17:00 or from 09:00 to 18:00 - 1 hour lunch break
Salary: £15,000 per Annum
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.