2019 LPN Experienced Apprentice Programme - Bidder Street, Brixton, Falconwood, Covent Garden - UK Power Networks
- Mechanic and Automotive
- Logistics and Warehousing Vacancies
- Outdoor Pursuits
- Health & Safety
- Employability Skills
- Welding & Metalwork
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Gas, Heating & Hot Water
- Plastering and Decorating
- Cleaning and Environmental Services
- Facility Services
- Electronic Engineering
- London remove
2019 LPN Experienced Apprentice Programme - Bidder Street, Brixton, Falconwood, Covent Garden
- Ref no.: 44816
- Region: London
- Salary: £25,776
This is an exciting opportunity to become an apprentice in UK Power Networks with opportunities to progress within highly respected company. UK Power Networks has the largest electricity distribution network covering London, the East of England and the South East with eight million customers to whom we distribute electricity.
The UK Power Networks Apprenticeship Programme, endorsed by E&U Skills and Accredited by the IET, provides the opportunity for individuals to become fully trained, qualified and competent “craft” persons in an electrical distribution industry in one of the following trade’s; cable jointing, overhead lines or electrical plant fitting.
- Apprentices are expected to learn all aspects of their chosen craft and apply the knowledge, skills and techniques gained through the Apprenticeship Programme competently, safely and in accordance with Network standards.
- Apprentices will follow a Trailblazer Apprenticeship Framework which will include a Certificate in Electrical Power Engineering and a QCF Diploma in Electrical Power Engineering whilst on the Programme.
Apprentices are expected to undertake duties in accordance with their craft. Crafts available in this location are:
- Fitters - Maintenance fitter duties, such as electrical fitting activities on plant (construction, maintenance and fault rectification as required) under the supervision of the area team as appropriate.
- Jointers - Jointing duties, such as the maintenance & restoration of electrical supplies on the UK Power Networks distribution system, by means of carrying out jointing repairs on the HV and LV cable networks under the supervision of the area team as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required:
Applicants from a variety of backgrounds are welcomed who have gained an electrical or mechanical engineering qualification and can demonstrate work experience gained in a craft or technical role, such as electricians, mechanical fitters, welders, vehicle technicians or telecommunications technicians etc.
Applications from individuals who have acquired technical knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience through an apprenticeship or another formal training programme related to one of the roles detailed above will also be welcomed.
Candidates will need to show the ability to work in a team.
Applicants must be in possession of a full UK driving licence.
Applicants must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools and will be expected to undertake a range of practical assessment, aligned to their chosen craft, should their application be successful.
Applicants must demonstrate an enthusiasm for and interest in electronics, electricity or engineering and an excellent awareness around the issues, importance and application of health and safety standards, and enthusiasm to work outdoors.
Nature and Scope:
The Apprentice programme is 2 years in duration (indicative timescale) working towards achievement of a Certificate in Electrical Power Engineering and a QCF Diploma in Electrical Power Engineering whilst gaining skills, knowledge, understanding and experience in their chosen craft. The aim is to develop into a qualified, competent crafts persons in one trade from jointing, overhead lines and fitting.
Apprentices will be provided accommodation during a residential period of circa 8 months in the company’s Training Centres acquiring the basic knowledge, skills and competence to enable them to work productively on the Network before commencing work in the areas. During the time at the training centres apprentices will partake in training at external providers sites including an Outward Bound week in the Lake District. Apprentices will have accommodation provided by UK Power Networks for set periods as required.
During subsequent stages of the Apprentice programme you will gain more skills, knowledge and experience through training courses and through ‘real time’ working on the Network coupled with the acquisition of recognised qualifications. By the conclusion of the programme, you will have gained the full knowledge, skills and competence to work productively on the Network and be deemed a fully qualified craft person.
The assessment of competence and application of knowledge and skills will be conducted throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Training may take place at training centres across the United Kingdom.
- Apprentices will demonstrate full and sustained competence in all aspects of their chosen craft.
- Apprentices will maintain throughout their programme, and beyond, a demonstrated commitment and adherence to health and safety standards, customer service and organisational excellence.
- Apprentices will be expected to demonstrate a high degree of energy, be flexible, adaptable and responsive to change.
- Apprentices will work collaboratively, effectively and efficiently with other UK Power Networks employees, suppliers, training providers and contractors.
- Apprentices will demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills to establish strong and productive relationships with colleagues, suppliers, training providers, contractors and the general public.
- Apprentices will achieve all the qualifications and associated programme milestones.
- Online application and CV
- Situational judgment assessments
- Video interview
- Working at height assessment
- Assessment centre & interview
- Applications close - Friday 12th April
- Working at height assessment – week commencing 6th May - Sundridge, Kent
- Assessment centres & interviews – Thursday 13th June - London
- Start date – Monday 9th September - Sundridge, Kent