At Bloomberg we work on purpose. The goal of our apprenticeship programme is to help you find yours.
Are you interested in the world of finance? Do you want to learn how data and technology keeps the global markets moving? Our Data Analyst apprenticeship combines a useful qualification with practical work experience in one of our Global Data teams.
You will learn what it’s like to work across industries and asset classes to surface the most important and relevant information for our customers in Global Data. Whichever team you work in, you’ll gain exposure to different industries such as engineering, news and finance. Bloomberg is a company that is constantly innovating and you’ll learn as much about yourself as our business. Bloomberg will support you every step of the way. You’ll get a dedicated line manager, a buddy and a mentor.
Bringing clarity to a complex world is our purpose. Ready to find yours?
We encourage you to apply to our Data Analyst apprenticeship and we will help you to choose the most appropriate team during the interview process.
Bloomberg runs on data. In the Global Data team we're responsible for supplying it - which also means we solve problems as we seek to enrich all that data so we can turn it into insights. On any given day we collect, analyse, and present billions of data points that inform clients' decisions - and moves markets. As an apprentice you will immediately start contributing to this.
Your apprenticeship starts with an orientation that introduces you to our culture and the state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal. Then, you'll work within a specific team, perhaps Content Acquisition, working on real impact projects and tasks whilst participating in events, community service projects and more!
- GCSE English and Maths at grade 4 or above (or equivalent)
- Two A-levels (including Maths or ICT)
or a Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
or an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
or a BTEC Extended Diploma in ICT (180 credits)
- Learners must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
- Strong technical skills including a good level of Excel (using vlookups, pivot tables, formulae)
- A keen interest in the financial markets
- A clear interest in technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Aptitude for problem solving, plus the drive to think creatively
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a time sensitive environment