At Bloomberg we work on purpose. The goal of our apprenticeship programme is to help you find yours.
If you like IT and are interested in technology, our Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship will equip you with the knowledge and skills to support business productivity through IT. You will learn how to troubleshoot and problem solve, to keep our business running and you will work with a variety of stakeholders throughout the business.
You’ll also develop essential skills such as organisation, customer service, stakeholder management and the ability to work well under pressure.
Bloomberg is a company that is constantly innovating and you’ll learn as much about yourself as our business. Bloomberg will support you every step of the way meaning you’ll get a dedicated line manager, a buddy and a mentor.
Bringing clarity to a complex world is our purpose. Ready to find yours?
We encourage you to apply to our Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship and we will help you to choose the most appropriate department during the interview process.
Information Systems (InfoSys)
The Global Information Systems team is crucial to the smooth operation of the internal IT systems at Bloomberg. Bloomberg Information Systems provides technical support for all in-house IT systems and for all of our employees.
You will take detail oriented approach to addressing colleagues technical needs quickly and efficiently. Being an ever-evolving environment there are always new and exciting projects to get involved in.
On-Site Support :
This team works on a multitude of tasks that includes servicing our customers over the phone or on-site. It could be a simple client visit to swap out a faulty keyboard through to installing a router on site. But whatever it is you're happy to help.
If a customer can't access their Bloomberg Terminal and telephone support can't fix the problem, we will visit the client and fix the problem. We're a calm voice and have a cool head in a fast-paced environment, we're always customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us.
Media (Master Control Room):
MCR Operators work in an exciting and action packed environment alongside Bloomberg TV Talent, Studio Operators, TV Producers, News and Sales Teams around the world. We also liaise with other TV companies and broadcasters to bring in news and send out Bloomberg TV to clients and viewers all over the world.
We operate from the MCR (Master Control Room) and you’ll join our team delivering live TV under tight deadlines, using cutting edge technology to set up guests and reporters across the globe and assisting with satellite bookings and live channel transmission.
- Three GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade 4 or above in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent) at grade 3 and above
- Learners must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
- You are proficient at multitasking in a high-volume environment
- You can work well under pressure
- You can provide both new and existing Bloomberg clients with platinum customer service
- You take a detail oriented approach to addressing technical needs quickly and efficiently
- You ensure the delivery of services are timely and well communicated
- You have the potential to manage relationships with external customers at a senior level
- You have a cool head in a fast-paced environment
- You have a passion for IT