At Bloomberg we work on purpose. The goal of our apprenticeship programme is to help you find yours.
Bloomberg unleashes the power of information and technology to bring clarity to a complex world. Global customers rely on us to deliver accurate, real-time business and market-moving information that helps them make critical financial decisions. In a career at Bloomberg, you’ll play a vital role in making it happen.
Bloomberg is a company that is constantly innovating and you’ll learn as much about yourself as our business. Bloomberg will support you every step of the way. You’ll get a dedicated line manager, a buddy and a mentor.
Bringing clarity to a complex world is our purpose. Ready to find yours?
Enterprise Technology Services
As a member of the Enterprise Technology Services group, you will be vital in maintaining technological stability and mitigating financial risk for our clients across their Bloomberg solutions and products, with a concentration on electronic trading.
In this role, you will be a trusted authority for troubleshooting, resolving and owning issues impacting the businesses we support and our clients directly. You will also be responsible for handling service tickets through to proactive engagements with existing clients.
We'll Trust You To:
- Analyse and troubleshoot issues related to our Electronic Trading and reporting products suite, examine their root cause, and offer solutions in a timely manner, working directly with customers and internal partners across functions
- Provide production support for existing clients.
- Partnering with Engineering and Product teams to design and implement future systems, product improvements, and prevent system issues
- Collaborate with internal partners such as the Internal Service Teams, Sales and Product team to provide client feedback
- Examine root cause statistics for trends in production issues and partner with clients to ensure preventative measures are implemented successfully
- Tailor your communication according to the client audience for both technical and non-technical users, including objection handling
- Understand and communicate technology roadmaps to clients so there is both transparency and alignment between our organizations
- GCSE English and Maths at grade 4 or above (or equivalent)
or a Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
or an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in a STEM subject
or a BTEC Extended Diploma in a STEM subject (180 credits)
- Three A-levels (with a preference for STEM subjects)
- Learners must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
- Strong technical skills including a good level of Excel (if you can conduct vlookups, pivot tables, formulae that would be an advantage)
- A keen interest in the financial markets
- A clear interest in technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Aptitude for problem solving, plus the drive to think creatively
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a time sensitive environment
Applications will remain open until, however, we recruit on a rolling basis so an early application is advised.
Step 1: Online Application Form: Submit an online application form along with your most up-to-date CV and/or your UCAS personal statement. Show us you are eligible.
Step 2: Telephone Interview: Successful candidates will be invited to schedule a 20 minute telephone conversation with a Bloomberg Recruiter. Show us you are motivated.
Step 3: Virtual Assessment Day: Complete some interactive online tasks and exercises designed to help you demonstrate your strengths and abilities. Show us you are capable.
Step 4: Final Interview: Meet with the Head of Department to discuss your motivations and potential. Show us you are the best person for the apprenticeship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com
Bloomberg apprenticeships are co-delivered with The University of Exeter and our apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.