Who we're looking for
Schroders' apprenticeship programme is your chance to gain hands-on, paid work experience. If you've just finished your A-levels or your BTECs then this programme provides you with a chance to explore the world of work.
Although you may have never heard of Schroders before visiting our website, this apprenticeship programme could be for you because key to the purpose of the programme is to teach you about what, why and how we do what we do.
You'll be part of our Technology Operations Centre, home to our growing team of Service Desk Analysts. So, we're looking for someone who is eager to learn, loves a challenge and is able to handle working in a fast paced environment.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
You'll be based at our new Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. That's home to our new Technology Operations Centre (TOC). It's a new site, and a new team, putting digital first. We want inquisitive individuals who are eager to ask questions and get involved with the team.
It has the same high standards and international reputation as our HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus (and no commute on the Tube) means life will feel a little different.
You will join as part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with others across the industry and participate in training, socials and insight events.
IT Service Desk
The Schroders Service Desk head up the front lines of the IT Service teams. Our goal is to provide excellent customer service and quick responses to our users.
To achieve this goal we have hired people who have great interpersonal skills, implemented new modern tools and follow a shift left mentality which allows us to automate as much as possible.
We support our international offices by developing, rolling out and maintaining our systems and processes, using cutting-edge software and hardware. Our new Broadlands Business Campus means there's a great working environment for the team.
What you'll do
As a Service Desk apprentice, you will spend 20% of your time working towards achieving the ITIL V4 qualification; the rest of your time will be spent working with your team and gaining the skills you need to build your expertise. Some of the tasks and projects you'll be involved in are:
• Gaining hands-on experience with monitoring our IT network infrastructure using different tools and technologies and understanding how an IT service desk operates in a business like Schroders
• Working with a variety of people from across IT Services including Network, Security, Storage, Servers, and Applications on end to end projects
• Take responsibility for your very own Business Project on an area you're passionate about and personalised to your career goals
• Providing excellent customer service to users and clients
• Learning from highly experienced members of staff, and gaining the experience and knowledge required to become a great service desk technician
• You will learn how to resolve any incident that is raised by a user
• Hands-on experience with Request management, which can range from deploying an application to a users machine to creating a shared mailbox
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Any experience in providing excellent customer service in any industry
• A Technology/ IT qualification at GCSE or equivalent
• An understanding of the latest news and changes in Technology
What you'll be like
• You'll be an enthusiastic self-starter who is eager to learn more about our industry and our business
• A team player with a pro-active approach to getting things done, you'll love a challenge and are keen to work in an exciting, fast paced environment.
• You'll be flexible and eager to learn – how we work in the new IT hub will evolve, so you'll need to adapt and work with others well
• Ultimately, we can teach what you need to know about the job we just need you to bring your drive, passion and enthusiasm to make the most of the opportunity to start building your career.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
Although we usually ask you to have achieved at least 96 UCAS points to be eligible for this role, we appreciate the need to be flexible given the on-going pandemic and disruption to your school/ college life. If you've achieved a little under 96 UCAS points in the academic year 20/21, we would still encourage you to apply.
You must be 18 years old by 5 September to apply for the 2022 intake.
• Online application form and CV
• Online assessments
• Online video interview
• Assessment centre
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
If you think you may require disability-related adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com our disability partner EmployAbility (employ-ability.org.uk) for a confidential discussion and advice.
Diversity is at the heart of our culture. We strive to ensure inclusion at every level, to ensure that our actions match our words, and that our culture of belonging defines how we do business. Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your background, race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.
Please note we recruit on a rolling basis so recommend you apply early.