Employer: Financial Conduct Authority
Wage: £422.80 Per Week
Hours: 35.00 Per Week
This role sits within the Finance and business Services department and will be specifically working with the Senior Finance Analysts who look after Operations as a whole. Work will include assisting in the day to day financial activities such as data entry to month end management accounts as well as supporting the quarterly forecast and annual budget setting processes.
The Operations division provides the platform and tools to enable the FCA to deliver on its statutory objectives. The Division is split into seven areas (COO’s office, Business and Technology Solutions, Corporate Responsibility, Cyber Information & Resilience, Finance & Business Services, HR and Procurement).
What does this job involve?
- The key responsibilities of a Trainee Accountant in Finance will include:
- Monthly reporting (including journal processing & balance sheet reconciliations)
- Preparing quarterly Forecasts
- Budget setting
- Assisting in the production of timely and insightful management information to senior leadership
- Providing other support to the Senior Finance Analysts as required, including assisting with answering ad hoc queries, variance analysis and assisting with audit queries.
- Continuous Improvement – always looking to develop and improve processes and procedures.
Career and family leave, flexible working options, a minimum of 25 days’ holiday, a non-contributory pension, private healthcare, interest-free season ticket loans, a performance-based bonus, a subsidised on-site fitness centre (London only), a subsidised restaurant, charity and volunteering initiatives, sports and social clubs, a reflection and multi-faith room and free eye tests.
- Minimum of 2 A Levels at grades A-C (or equivalent) – including one in a numerical subject e.g. Maths, Economics, Finance.
- In addition to 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (C) including Maths and English or equivalent qualifications.