We work with a wide variety of small businesses in every corner of the UK. We have some customers who are freelancers and work alone in their home office and others with over 100 users, multiple offices and a real mish-mash of technology. And just about everything in between. Our service is not sector specific – if you use technology, we can help you.
Our core customers are usually owner led and would have between five and 50 PC’s.
We are looking for an ambitious and hardworking apprentice to join our fast growing IT Company in Knaresborough. We have plans to grow our company rapidly over the next five years and you will play an integral part in that growth. There will be lots of opportunities to further your knowledge and grow within the company.
Our company has grown steadily over the past 10 years, mainly due to the customer service offered by the Managing Director to the clients.
We believe in great communication and service and doing things the right way.
As an individual, we want someone who wants to grow their knowledge and become the best IT engineer they can be. You’ll be regularly coached and helped to achieve your own personal goals. We want someone who is comfortable working outside of their comfort zone.
You’ll start working as a First Line Support Engineer.
Main responsibilities: [Your role will consist of the following:]
- You’ll be the first point of call for customers who want to log their IT problems and requests with our company.
- Customers might call our phone number. Our customers aren’t technical people, so we always try and have the right attitude and communicate to them in a non-technical and helpful way.
- You will be trained thoroughly to ask the right questions to try and glean as much information as possible so you can log the ticket in our internal software.
- If the problem or request is within your skillset, you can then resolve the problem and communicate everything with the customer.
- If the problem or request needs escalating, then you will be trained on how to escalate each problem to various third-parties or the Managing Director.
- We’re committed to providing and updating detailed documentation on each customer.
- We would like you to help us to build and maintain thorough documentation.
- To help us prevent IT problems from becoming bigger IT problems, we monitor our client’s IT networks.
- We’ll train you how to do this. If you pick up an email from our monitoring software, we’ll want you to log this as a ticket and escalate it accordingly.
- Occasionally, there might be a need to start work earlier, finish later or work on a weekend. Although this work is limited, you would be compensated.
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Organised and ability to prioritise workload
- Committed to maintaining high standards of work
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above.
8.30am-5.00pm Monday to Friday less one hour breaks. / 37.5hrs per week.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.