Are you passionate about IT, fixing or building computers? Do you have the tech know how? Are you looking to turn your IT hobby into a full time career? Yes!Thinkanalytics is looking for you to join our established IT team.
ThinkAnalytics is the leading provider and most widely deployed real-time personalized content recommendations engine in the market today, bringing together intelligent search with comprehensive media content recommendations.
You will be responsible for providing technical support for the IT hardware, networking and software across the company. This includes acting as first line support for all issues and first point of contact for all service requests.
- The Apprentice IT Infrastructure Engineer role will be a full time positon supported by the IT Professional apprenticeship deliver by QA
- Be the first point of contact in relation to technical issues and requests
- Handle and resolve 1st line IT infrastructure issues and escalate when necessary
- Provide support and maintenance of both IT hardware, networking and software
- Support remote users via telephone, email or Microsoft Teams
- Assist in the installation of IT hardware, networking and software
- Assist in monitoring the network performance, security and IT infrastructure
- Perform routine IT tasks on your own or with other members of the team
- Facilitate the smooth running of all IT systems by undertaking reasonable tasks as required, including some administrative tasks
- Assist in recommending improvements to systems, determines hardware or software requirements
- Manage resolved queues to ensure calls are closed as appropriate
- Manage 3rd party queues to ensure internal customers receive regular updates on tickets being dealt with by our service providers
- You will also be expected to carry out any reasonable duties which may be requested from time-to-timeManage small projectsIssue communications across the business when required regarding technology and infrastructure issuesUndertake other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the level of responsibility of this role
- Strong Interest in IT
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Good problem solving and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent communications skills-both written and verbal
- Willingness to learn new technologies as they emerge
- Willingness to gain and improve your qualifications levels as new accreditations are released
- Positive Attitude
- Team Player
- Logical/problem solving ability
- The ability to work independently and part of a team
- Smart appearance in line with our expectations of all staff
- Monday to Friday
- 09:00 - 17:30
- GBP 12,000 - GBP 14,000 per year
- Competitive Salary
- Private healthcare after 12 months employment
- Life Insurance Policy paid out at 4 x salary
- Access to a shopping, savings and discounts platform
- Cycle to work
- We offer an enhanced pension for those who meet auto enrolment criteria (so not likely to be this person for a while) (company 6% employee 2% contributions)
- Lots of company social events inc. Pizza Friday (last Friday of each month) where we finish an hour early and order in lots of dominos!
Future Career Progression:
- Thinkanalytics will offer support and the opportunity to an individual looking to progress upwards within the IT team and company
- An increase of salary will be considered after successful completion of the IT Professional apprenticeship
QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.