The Company is located near Cheadle Hulme Train Station.
This is a rapidly growing, forward thinking IT support Company that provides a wide range of IT services to small and medium sized businesses across Manchester and beyond.
As an Apprentice IT Support Engineer, you will be part of the Support Team, providing 1st line support to a wide range of SMEs from many different industries.
- Providing first line technical support to customers, assisting them with IT related issues over the phone and via remote access
- Logging all Helpdesk calls accurately
- Basic technical trouble shooting (e.g. password resets; cabling; access; workstation configuration; virus removal, data recovery)
- Building PCs, configuring machines, hardware repairs
- Setting up and maintaining computers, server systems and networks
- Installation of software
- Liaise with and assign incidents to correct team members (dependent on their role/ technical skill)
- Close cases within SLA timeframes
- Support Senior Support Engineer with proactive support e.g. server maintenance, antivirus installation, software updates
- Be responsible for resolution of tickets assigned by the Support Team Leader
- Maintain excellent customer service when dealing with queries
- Enthusiasm for IT
- Confident and outgoing personality
- Good communicator
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Organised, reliable and hardworking
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above.
Working either: 8:00am - 4:00pm or 9:00am – 5:00pm with 1 hour lunch [5 days per week]
- Great office environment
- Breakout space with fully kitted out kitchen and pool table, dart board
- Treat Tuesday’ lunch paid for the team each month
- Two whole team socials each year and various other social events e.g. Staff Quiz, Strategy Days away, wellbeing week
The Company has supported several apprentices over the past 5 years. Most have been successful in continuing employment within the Company after successfully completing their apprenticeships. You will have the opportunity to continue into full time employment on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.