Pixit Media are a company that offer efficient storage, network and archive solutions for the post-production and broadcast industries.
Due to continued growth, Pixit Media are now looking for two individuals with positive attitudes to join their existing team based in Rotherham as Apprentice IT Technicians.
Salary, Hours & Benefits
- £14,000 per annum
- Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm
- 25 days holiday entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Quarterly company meetings
- Good progression opportunities
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme. You, along with your employer, may progress to a Level 4 programme, and take your training even further.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting into the System Build Manager, you will be working within a team where there is a strong emphasis on staff development and training.
Typical roles and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Build, Install, configure and test new IT equipment, i.e. Servers, Storage & Network
- Installing IT equipment into racks at customer site
- Install & configure Operating systems
- Log hardware faults to suppliers
- Updating project tickets using Jira
Full support and guidance will be provided by both the employer and training provider throughout the apprenticeship.
Desired Skills & Competencies
- Good communication skills
- Keen interest in IT
- Basic knowledge of computer software and hardware
- A methodical and logical troubleshooting mindset
- A minimum of Grade 4 in Maths and Grade 3 in English Language, or equivalent, is required for this role.
- A positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Good problem solving skills
- Someone who can work individually and as part of a team
About the Employer
Pixit Media are a company that offer efficient storage, network and archive solutions for the post-production and broadcast industries. They work with some really well-known businesses such as Channel 5 and ITV.
For more information about Pixit Media, please visit their website at the below address:
Location & Travel
Their office is located within Manver, Rotherham. There are a number of bus stops nearby that run local services.
Why choose an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are a great way to get the qualifications and experience needed to start your career. Combining technical training with work experience, becoming an apprentice is the first step to a recognised career path. The digital sector will only continue to grow and an apprenticeship with Baltic will enable you to join this diverse, fast-moving and exciting industry, putting you at the forefront of tomorrow's world. If you're ready to earn more, start your apprenticeship with Baltic Training today, apply below.
Baltic Apprenticeships are one of the only apprenticeship training providers that offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage.
A residency eligibility applies to this vacancy. You must be a British or European Economic Area (EEA) citizen and have been resident in the UK or EEA country for the past 3 years.