An occupational healthcare & private medical practice situated on a river front location in Dean Village, Edinburgh. As a member of the YourGP team you will find yourself in a fast-paced, sometimes challenging practice.You will be supported by a highly experienced management team to develop skills required as well as being surrounded by a high level of peer support. Added benefits include free GP appointments along with access to Perkbox, which provides employees with a range of discounts with popular brands, restaurants, cinemas in addition to many other benefits.Your GP are seeking a bright individual for a receptionist role within a medical practice based in Edinburgh.
The friendly candidate will be the first point of contact for patients and clients, providing a high level of customer service at the reception desk. The receptionist will undertake a number of general administrative tasks to ensure smooth running of reception area of the clinic on a daily basis, ensuring fast and efficient service is provided to all patients.
Key duties include:
- Providing reception duties using appointment software fax machine, mail frankling, external and internal mail is dealt with efficiently
- Maintaining patient/business confidentiality at all times including reporting of any team member breaching to operation manager
- Maintaining professionalism, be calm and positive when interfacing with customers
- Answering emails & telephone, managing two or three lines at a time if required
- Ensure laundry is collected & returned promptly Ensure all waiting areas, toilets, and various consulting rooms are kept clean & tidy
- Ensure security of building is maintained at all times in conjunction with operations/practice manager
Required Skills- As the role is customer-facing Your GP are looking for someone that can think on their feet, is quite adaptable & has a bright, friendly personality.Other qualities that are required:
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work accurately & meet deadlines
- Willingness to be part of a team committed to delivering excellence
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Additional Information30-40 hours per week, Monday to Saturday (working 5 days on a rota basis)A range of Perkbox benefits & discounts
- Free GP appointments
- Industry recognised qualification
The Modern Apprenticeship Programme is targeted at building our workforce of the future. Funding for training is available for applicants aged 16-19 and for disabled and care-experienced applicants between the ages of 20-29. Please ensure, if you are applying for a Modern Apprentice post, that you meet one of these criteria. You will be supported throughout your apprentice journey by a dedicated QA Assessor, you will undertake an X Programme which leads to the achievement of an SCQF level 6.
QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce. For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.