SCC, based in Sparkhill, have been trusted provider of IT solutions and services for leading business for over 40 years! Working partners such as Intel, Cisco and IBM, they have over 65 offices globally and over 7000 members of staff!
They are now seeking an Apprentice Security Operations Analyst to join their team of 6. Working closely with the Security Operations Manager, the successful apprentice will have a keen attention to detail and be eager and ready to learn!
Roles & Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Monitor SCC and customer environments for security breaches
- Assist in report writing documenting offences and extent of damage
- Assist with triage of security offence logs and escalate/close as required
- In line with developing experience, advise on incident containment & contribute to investigations
- Develop an awareness of developing Information Technology and security risk landscapes across the wider business
- Develop an understanding of standards and regulations
Desired Qualities, Skills & Knowledge
- Keen to develop an understanding of technical skills within a IT Security department
- Basic IT knowledge
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Organised and able to work to deadlines
- Good written communication skills
- Excellent team work skills
- Minimum of GCSE Grade 4-9 (A-C) in Maths and English
- A Level or Level 3 Qualification in the IT Sector
Please note; the successful candidate will need to undergo Security Clearances.
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- £15,000 Per Annum
- 9AM – 5:30PM
- 1 hour lunch daily
- 23 Days Holiday Entitlement + Bank Holidays
- Holiday increments with length of service
- A range of company benefits, such as discount opportunities applicable after probation
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme. You, along with your employer, may progress to a Level 4 programme, and take your training even further.
Baltic Apprenticeships were the first training provider to offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage.
Individuals must have a valid and eligible residency status to apply for this role.