This is a small company with large international clients and even bigger plans to grow. Our industry leading software solution is years ahead of the competition, and as we grow our business, we invest in the future to stay ahead of the game: Analysis and development of an existing large web-based Software-as-a-Service application built on asp.net and SQLAzure.
Main role and responsibilities:
- The role will involve maintaining existing code
- Fixing bugs
- Building new features into a large comprehensive application.
- You will work in a relatively small development team in a company to help serve our international customer base.
- You will work on a range of projects, from small tasks which take a few minutes and some larger projects, which takes days or weeks.
- You will be expected to use your own initiative to understand the customer requirements and when making changes test your own code thoroughly before anyone else test it.
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- You must have good attention to detail and a lot of common sense when it comes to Software
- You will be to be able to evaluate requirements, understand the underlying objective, even when it has not been briefed well by the customer, communicate well with customers to ensure our understanding of the requirements are correct, and carry out the required development to meet their requirements
- You will then need to be able to test the changes thoroughly to ensure a high quality of work and that no undesired issues have occurred as a result of your changes
- You will need to be able to work well as part of a team but also have self-motivation
- Ability to research new requirements to work on your own
- We pride ourselves in creating an industry leading high-quality product and therefore attention to detail essential
6 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths plus GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade D or above.
After completing the apprenticeship, the right person will be offered a full time role within our development team.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.