Would you like the opportunity to build a successful career with a reputable and well known travel provider? The Barrhead Travel Group requires YOU to support the Brilliant Travel section of their business based in Barrhead. They need a driven and organised individual to help the team with processing of all customer paperwork, tickets and queries as an Apprentice Travel Support Assistant. The business has had great success placing apprentices in their Glasgow branches and would love to extend this to this office too.
- Barrhead Travel have a number of home based agents (HBA's) and it will be your job to resolve any queries from these agents as well as travel partners. You will use various tour operators systems to aid you
- Processing customer paperwork using in-house system Tarsc
- Performing daily file checks
- Processing tickets for all home based agents using Tarsc
- Running reports for tickets and branch 12
- Managing support email inbox using Outlook
- Ensuring Task rota is following and completed on a daily basis using Excel
- Responsible for ordering stationary
- Updating information on Nevis, companies intranet page
- General administrative duties
- Full training will be provided.
What do they need from you?
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and fantastic organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, manage time effectively and work to deadlines
- A good team player
- A confident and ambitious individual with the desire to succeed
- 09:00-17:30 with occasional Saturdays required
- National minimum wage
- 29 days holiday, after two years working with the company your holiday allowance will increase by a day each year (up to a total of 35 days)
- Discounted travel
Future Career Progression:
- Should you perform well you will have the opportunity to remain as a permanent employee with the business.
- You will also have the chance to move to other departments should a position arise.
- Your salary will be reviewed at the end of your apprenticeship and yearly thereafter.
QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.