We are an ambitious full-service sports and fitness focused marketing agency working for a range of organisations across marketing, design, digital and PR and communications.
We have an excellent opportunity for an aspiring web developer to join our company’s in-house digital team to continue the growth we’ve achieved in this area during the past five years.
The digital space has become integral to what we do and as such we’re looking for an individual with an interest in coding and a hunger to develop a breadth of skills across both the front and backend of websites.
As an individual, you will be ambitious and keen to take on new challenges and solve problems.
Main responsibilities: [The role will include the following for our sport and fitness focused client base]
- The design and development of new websites using WordPress
- The on-going maintenance and improvement of existing WordPress websites
- Building HTML email templates for use with services such as Mailchimp
- Analytics of websites
- Management of website hosting/domains/DNS
You will develop the ability to play a key role in helping shape our future digital work and as such need a proactive attitude to finding new solutions and a desire to take ownership and responsibility for projects.
- An interest in coding and examples of extra-curricular web work
- High attention to detail with problem solving skills
- Good organisation skills and a willingness to learn
- A knowledge of WordPress
- An understanding of the principles of SEO
- An awareness of the role websites play in communicating an organisation’s message as part of their marketing strategies
- An interest in the design of websites, taking into account user experience and responsivity requirements
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Ambition, strong work ethic and open to new ideas
6 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths plus GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade D or above.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.