Coton Care comprises two homes for the elderly in Wolverhampton, providing en-suite rooms for general care and specialist Dementia Care. Our aim is to provide a safe and caring environment for our residents, providing each resident with a person-centred care plan.
Within the team the candidate will assist the other care assistants to plan and organise the care of the residents.
Other duties may include working as part of a team to deliver an outstanding and professional service within the setting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting service users with their personal care needs including getting up in the morning, dressing, undressing, washing, bathing and using the toilet
- Helping to prepare meals and drinks, ensuring that the required standards are met
- Planning and completing activities with the service users that will enhance their quality of life and encourage individual interests
- Ensuring health and safety is followed at all times
- Completing service user records and paperwork in line with legislation
The successful candidate must be committed to a learning pathway within a vocational setting with full training up to Level 2 Apprenticeship in Health and Social (with the possibility of progressing to Level 3 Apprenticeship in Health and Social care where appropriate). This position would suit a candidate with a bubbly, outgoing personality who is able to work on their own initiative and is prepared to commit to the work required for an apprenticeship.An excellent opportunity has become available in the Wolverhampton area for an apprentice care assistant at Coton House.