We have world’s best-selling booking and dispatch software trusted by companies in 34 countries and 350 cities worldwide. Over 1.5 million jobs booked through us every day.
We’re a profitable, passionate and forward-thinking company, who are proud of the products and service we develop and deliver.
Why join us:
We offer exciting and challenging careers within a fast-paced environment where your ideas and skills are valued; where you are supported to develop your full potential and your own personal development is closely linked to our own business growth.
In return for your hard work and enthusiasm, the rewards of a career here are huge. As well as the satisfaction of working on exciting projects alongside some of the most impressive professionals in software today, you’ll play a part in improving the prospects of some of the UK’s biggest and most successful businesses in the travel sector. You’ll also enjoy the pride that comes from being part of a company with a superb reputation and which enjoys the respect and loyalty of its many customers.
- Responsible for identifying the insight opportunities present in the customer’s data and helping shape the data pipeline that deliver the insights by applying advanced analytics (e.g., machine learning) in collaboration with the customer.
- This is a technical, customer facing role; you’ll be accountable for the end-to-end data pipeline envisioning and development that starts with addressing issues of data acquisition and data sampling, data exploration and data quality assessment
- Data wrangling to massage the data so it is better suited to applying advanced analytics, and visualizing or reporting on such data to make the insights available to the customer’s business.
- Understanding of how to identify data sources, integrate multiple sources or types of data, and apply expertise within a data source to develop methods to compensate for limitations and extend the applicability of the data.
- Ability to apply (and develop if necessary) tools and pipelines to efficiently collect, clean, and prepare massive volumes of data for analysis.
- Able to transform formulated problems into implementation plans for experiments by applying (and creating when necessary) the appropriate data science methods, algorithms, and tools, and then statistically validating the results against biases and errors
- Understanding of how to interpret results and develop insights into formulated problems within the business/customer context, while providing guidance on risks and limitations.
- Acquires and uses broad knowledge of innovative methods, algorithms, and tools from within the larger scientific community, and applies his or her own analysis of scalability and applicability to the formulated problem.
- Understanding of big data systems, including Tableau, Spark, Hadoop, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL, etc.
- Good knowledge of scripting languages including R, Python, Scala and SQL
- Be able to work with management and stakeholders, identify opportunities for data science to make an impact, and formulate these opportunities to data science projects.
- Consultative requirements gathering with stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow through.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and has a cross-disciplinary background consisting of statistics and software development.
- A-Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. / 35hrs per week.
We offer a range of fantastic benefits and social events including:
- Free coffee, tea biscuits and fruit
- Spacious social area including pool table, football table and table tennis
- Fully equipped, free on-site gym
- Holidays - 25 days plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance – provides you with 24/7 life cover for all causes of death whilst being an eligible member of 2x your basic salary
- Confidential, 24/7 Employee assistance programme including a Health portal sharing advice and support for all employees
- Share option Scheme – sharing in the success of Autocab all employees are entitled to share options in the company (after successful probation)
- Profit Share Bonus – all employees to share in Company profitability
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Regular social events including BBQs, tournaments, quizzes, nights out and more
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.