This is a fast growing British software company specialising in providing Business Analytics solutions to some of the most recognised hotel, restaurant and retail brands in the UK.
Tahola was established in 2000 by Jason Martin, Mick Deol, Simon Blackbourne and Geoff McClure. The brainchild of four individuals passionate about hospitality, Tahola was built on a wealth of expertise in finance, IT and database technology, with the sole aim to meet an increasing demand for concise, efficient and understandable business information.
To this day, our clients buy from us because we understand the market in which they operate and can offer practical solutions to help them increase their profits and support their business growth.
Our successful background in hospitality means we can apply our experience in other industry sectors including food service, retail, automotive and wholesale / distribution.
Our experience, flexibility and dedication puts us ahead of the competition when it comes to data mixology. Above all, our focus is on delivering high quality solutions, on time and on budget – every time.
Job overview / purpose:
We are in need of a Data Analyst Apprentice to sit within our support services team.
As part of this challenging and varied role, the Data Analyst Apprentice will provide first class support to clients using various development and database applications in Hemel Hempstead.
Start your journey as a Data Scientist!
Big Data is the fastest growing sector of the IT industry, the number of jobs in the industry is predicted to grow 28%. Successful candidates will be working in a fast-paced department which utilises all the major tools of Data Analysis.
Our apprentices can expect 35 weeks of college training and will achieve a Level 4 Qualification. This full-time role attracts a full-time salary, and successful apprentices can expect a job offer and promotion upon completion, as well as a career track to Consultant level.
With the prospect of International travel and fantastic career opportunities, our Apprentices can anticipate earnings far above many of their peers.
Our successful background in hospitality means we can apply our experience in other industry sectors. Our experience, flexibility and dedication puts us ahead of the competition when it comes to data mixology. Above all, our focus is on delivering high quality solutions, on time and on budget – every time.
- Investigate system issues promptly, providing data changes or fixes as appropriate
- Liaise with external customers by telephone and email to provide updates and to investigate support issues
- Provide regular updates to the customer on the status of issues
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the Support team processes
- Liaise with external suppliers to ensure updates and/or data is delivered on time and to specification, resolving issues where necessary
- Record the details of new issues and updates in the Helpdesk system
- Good feedback from the customers and from the business
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Applications
- Good telephone manner
- Good written English skills
- Logical thinker
- Someone with an enthusiastic and professional attitude and a commitment to learning new skills
- Good team worker
- A-Levels in ICT/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- Or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.