Sofco is a leading provider of integrated and collaborative End-to-End Planning Solutions for the Consumer Goods and Manufacturing sectors. The Sofco suite of application solutions cover the key operational processes of Demand Planning, Trade Promotions Planning, Supply Planning (Production, Procurement, Distribution & Inventory), Production Scheduling, as well as the strategic processes of Sales & Operations Planning and Integrated Business Planning.
Sofco serves leading global organisations including manufacturers and distributers of many household brands, as well as industrial and other manufactured goods, providing an End-to-End Planning and Supply Chain Visibility solution which also fully supports 'Operational Analytics' including 'What If' scenario based planning and supply chain financial view.
Our customers have seen significant benefits from reduction in inventory, reduction in stock-outs for fast-moving goods, increased product availability and a reduction in working capital through our focus on eliminating unnecessary cost and complexity without sacrificing functionality or business results.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a Software Development and Implementation Company with an experienced team who can assist with learning goals.
Main role: The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Identify, collect and migrate data to/from customers systems
- Collect and compile data from different customer sources
- Perform database queries across multiple tables to extract data
- Perform routine ad-hoc queries
- Assist with data quality checking and cleansing
- Create automated Extract, Transform and Load routines
Desired qualities, skills and experiences:
The ideal qualities of the successful candidate would be:
- Logical and creative thinking
- Analytical and problem solving
- Ability to work independently
- Can use own initiative
- Ability to work with internal staff and customers
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
Some prior skills in the following are desirable, but are not essential:
- Microsoft SQL Server Database Environment
- Microsoft Analysis Services
- Microsoft Integration Services
- TSQL Query Language
- MDX Query Language
Desired qualification requirements:
- A-Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
- Or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
9am – 5:00pm,
37.5hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£225 per week.
Benefits / Future prospects:
- The right candidate will gain high quality training, as well as periodic salary increases.
- There is also be the option of progressing to a Degree Apprenticeship following the completion of the level 4 apprenticeship, while earning a higher wage and gaining a degree in Data Analytics/Software Development without any debt!!
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.