Employer: M&G plc
Wage: £402.15 Per Week
Hours: 35.00 Per Week
We are seeking a highly motivated and conscientious Apprentice who is interested in working in the M&G Alternatives Portfolio Management team. M&G Alternatives is responsible for investing client money across three alternative investment strategies (Private Equity, Real Assets and Diversifying Strategies) primarily through investing into primary funds, hedge funds, co-investments and listed investment trusts. The team currently manages 6.5bn across 19 clients across insurance, pensions and retail investors.
The team deal with large amounts of data from their investment funds and portfolio companies that is vital to the investment monitoring and decision making of the business. The Apprentice will be help to manage and maintain the content, providing key reporting and analytics to the investment teams.
About M&G plc
M&G plc is a leading savings and investments business which was formed in 2017 through the merger of Prudential plc’s UK and Europe savings and insurance operation and M&G Investments, its wholly-owned international investment manager.
In March 2018, Prudential plc announced its intention to demerge the company with a premium listing on the London Stock Exchange. As an independent company, M&G plc has a single corporate identity and continues with two customer-facing brands; Prudential for savings and insurance customers in the UK and Europe and for asset management in South Africa and M&G Investments for asset management clients globally.
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers.
What you can expect from us:
- We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best.
About the M&G Alternatives Portfolio Management Team
The team are responsible for the day-to-day management of the M&G Alternatives portfolios and mandates, creating reports for clients, providing investment analytics to support the investment team decisions, and monitoring existing investments for compliance checks and reporting.
As a Data Analyst Apprentice, you will support the Team using a variety of different applications, and you will become an integral part of our team. You will be fully trained and supported throughout your apprenticeship on how to use these applications whilst also developing your knowledge of the business.
The candidate should have a minimum of 2 A levels (A*-C) and GCSE Maths and English at grade 4 .
Alternatively, they should have 2 years of work experience in an office or business environment.