Travelport is the world’s only true Travel Commerce Platform, focused on providing distribution, technology, payment and other solutions for the $8 trillion global travel and tourism industry. Our travel technology platform enables travel providers, travel agencies, corporations and developers to search, share, buy and sell travel. This increases profitability and drives commercial success for every customer in our B2B travel network.
The purpose of the role is to work within a team of experienced Data Insights Analysts to understand standard data requirements and conduct data analyses applying technical skills to support delivery of solutions enabling data insights whilst ensuring compliance of data use within enterprise governance and external regulatory standards
- The Analyst will identify standard requirements for data analysis to meet business and wider enterprise needs.
- The Analyst will work under supervision with assigned stakeholders across all lines of business / technology and must be able to describe solutions and issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Provide support to project teams working in a matrixed team environment to deliver defined Data Insight solutions on budget.
- Communicates effectively to fully understand the needs of their customers and translate those requirements into solutions to enable data insights and standard reports. Gather basic requirements to support the development of standard reporting templates, applications and tools.
- The Analyst will need the aptitude to learn a range of software tools (such as QlikView and Cognos) to perform data analyses.
- Identify basic data integrity issues and work through business requirements if data is not available to enable software development engineering and database employee groups to resolve issues including meeting quality and security parameters.
- Communicate best practice and influence adoption of company standards in data governance, information assurance to ensure compliance with enterprise policies and external regulatory requirements (such as Data Protection).
- Present documented requirements and prepare basic training sessions to drive self-service and enable use of the reporting/analytical tools available.
- Responsible for running and distributing a range of standardized reports on a regular basis to end users ensuring compliance with enterprise information assurance, data governance and external regulatory standards
- Has basic knowledge of job function principles, theories and concepts to complete assignments of limited/supervised scope.
- Some experience in relevant technical or functional area strongly preferred.
- Exposure to basic project management and utilization of PPM for timesheets as required.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one year experience analyzing data with some exposure to applied analytics using a range of software (e.g. SQL, QlikView, Cognos and Excel).
- Awareness of all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirement analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and documentation. Understanding of Agile methods.
Awareness of data integration concepts, data governance and Information services and service-oriented architectures.
- Qualifications or equivalent experience (preferably in fields of computing, mathematics, statistics)
- Analytical skills and the ability to quickly identify and understand key drivers for the relevant business domain of operation within the context of the Travelport organization and travel industry sector/market
Effective Communication – The ability to convey information clearly, with respect and integrity, through a variety of channels to engage the audience and promote understanding.
Learning Orientation – The ability to identifying and act on learning opportunities and to apply newly gained knowledge and skills on the job.
Customer Focus – The ability to identify the needs of customers, both internal and external, making these the primary focus; and to develop and sustain productive customer relationships.
Collaboration – The ability to develop relationships and work effectively with people across the organisation, regardless of location or background, to achieve business goals.
Agility – The ability to maintain efficiency in a changing work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
GCSE English & Maths at C Grade or above and Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT, Level 3 Apprenticeship in a similar subject or 2 A Levels including Maths, Finance, Economics or IT.
Working week: 9.00am till 5.15pm Monday to Friday
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.