Our practice is dedicated to providing highly professional & friendly service using modern techniques, and quality materials. We are also actively involved in the training of prospective Dental staff that may be present at consultations. Our practice employs very high standards of cross infection control, and we are happy to give full explanations of any of our sterilizing procedures.Our practice sees all patients NHS and Private. For adults, both fee paying and exempt, dental care is provided on the NHS and/or privately.Tollgate Family Dental Centre has a team of 2dentists with varied interests, to include but a few Endodontics, Prosthodontics, Tooth Whitening and Cosmetic Dentistry.
Ideal for someone who is looking for a new challenge, or school leaver, motivated and is able to be flexible with hours. You will undertake an apprenticeship to gain your Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing. Wages to be discussed at interview.
In your role, you will:
- Develop competence across a wide range of dental chairside support procedures.
- Develop knowledge of a wide range of practical treatment procedures and the relevant support necessary to ensure effective outcomes.
- Develop competence in the manipulation and application of dental materials across a wide range of dental treatment procedures.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge and application of a wide range of dental instruments and other relevant equipment necessary during preparation for treatment procedures.
- Learn to prepare individual treatment rooms for a wide range of dental procedures.
- Develop and demonstrate competence in decontamination and sterilisation of medical and dental devices within clinical and non-clinical environments, ensuring appropriate records are completed.
- Be responsible as part of the clinical team for the care of the patient from arrival to completion of treatment.
- Under supervision carry out the following: reception duties, answering telephone, receiving mail, meeting and greeting of patients and/or carers, managing department diaries and day books, sending appointments by mail, maintenance of monthly recall systems, filing and pulling of patient records, maintenance and upkeep of all patient records and correspondence.
- Participate in audit procedures under the direction of appropriate clinicians.