Our team delivers digital solutions on behalf of some of the world’s most successful companies and some of the UK’s leading agencies. Their needs are often complex but we strive to ensure that our solutions are not.
Together, we’ve delivered solutions from relatively simple Umbraco-based content-rich websites, to more complex fully integrated fitness technology solutions incorporating Umbraco, Mobile App Development, APIs and complex internalisation. We have a wealth of experience of large-scale Umbraco deployments with high volumes of traffic or data and of linking websites to datahubs.
Whether we’re creating a bespoke, standalone website or developing an application for integration with an enterprise level legacy system we strive to deliver solutions that are simple, efficient, robust, future proof and that address the business need - all with pixel perfect precision.
- Responsible for the delivery of design, development, testing and deployment tasks of projects and requests for service to agreed requirements and timescales
• Responsible for owning support requests while acting as the nominated Support Agent
• Contribute to the learning and development of team members.
Demonstrating a wide range of skills and behaviours:
• System Design (DESN)
• Database/repository design (DBDS)
• Information content authoring (INCA)
• Programming / Software development (PROG Level 3)
• Testing (TEST)
• Systems installation and decommissioning (HSIN)
• Application support (ASUP)
• Service desk and incident management (USUP)
• IT Operations (ITOP)
• Database administration (DBAD)
The Apprentice Developer will be able to demonstrate a good technical understanding of:
● Amazon Web Services, including:
○ Elastic Compute Cloud
○ Elastic Block Store
○ Route 53
● Windows Server 2008
● SQL Server 2008 R2 and 2012
● Internet Information Services
● Umbraco CMS (Version 4, Version 6, Version 7)
● ASP.Net using C# and VB.Net, MVC, Entity Framework
● Deploying and managing .Net Framework code
● Managing code in a source code controlled environment, including:
Desirable skills and personal qualities:
Demonstrate good technical understanding.
Smart, sociable and self-motivated
Excited about a career in IT
Desirable have hobbies that are IT related (develop apps or blog about the latest games or tech)
7 GCSE or equivalent at grade A - C / 7 - 4 including Maths and English
An ICT GCSE or equivalent would be desirable, but not essential
For the right candidate, there may be opportunities for career development within the organisation should a vacancy be available.
Potential to progress to higher level or degree apprenticeship also.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.