A leading provider of procurement support are recruiting for a hardworking and enthusiastic apprentice to join their busy credit control department within their Glasgow office.
For more than 30 years, they have helpedpublic and private sectors work together. They know that effective and efficient procurement of goods and services can benefit government, people and businesses. Their goal is to support and improve every stage of this vital supply chain process through the development of skills, knowledge and cutting-edge technology.
Their skills span the full breadth of the public procurement industry, including Contract Alert Services, Business Intelligence, Training & Development, eSourcing, Conferences & Exhibitions, IT Services & Solutions and UK & International Consultancy.
As a result of their expertise, more than 5000 public sector clients and 250,000 suppliers in the UK alone rely ontheir brand to help them succeed.
The organisation based in Glasgow are looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to join their Content Research Team. The research team is responsible for researching and producing content for a number of business intelligence solutions.Your role as a researcher will be to conduct research across both public and private sector markets. Initially, the focus will be on building and maintaining our public sector data, but in time you will also be gathering business intelligence data and editing news content.
The purpose of the role is to develop and maintain intimate knowledge of the public/private sector and its structure by utilisinginternal resources and adopting a pro-active approach to widen theknowledge base and provide content and intelligence support to the business.
Duties will include:
- Maintain and record all data within in-house databases & organise data within various sectors
- Working alongside research analysts to undertake research activities via in house system and searching online via internet
- Providing Sales reporting for clients using Microsoft packages
- Collaborating with other teams to maximise intelligence data in line with business objectives Sales briefings to drive awareness of data changes and underpin credibility of sales process Define / recommend updates to sectors and the classification systems for organisations AD hoc duties when requested by management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Data Entry/Database experience (desirable but training will be given)Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of using Wordpress (desirable but training will be given)
- Knowledge of Social Media
GBP 9750 per annum
Contributory pension scheme
Health cash plan
Future Career Progression:
Progression route available for the right candidate
Increased salary on completion of qualification
QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.