The Breadwinners are a small company that is expanding, they currently employ almost 40 people and they want to build a strong and reliable team who are keen to work hard, be a part of a team and to be keen to develop their knowledge and skills. They have a good team and they are always keen to train their staff to help them be the best they can be.In a small business we are looking for a candidate who is reliable, honest, hard working and able to prioritise their workload. We rely on our team and are a family run business and we always try to look after our staff and go the extra mile for them.
As the role with be speaking with customers (both internal and external) we need a pleasant disposition and someone who is able to deal with the occasional difficult customer in a professional and courteous manner. The role will require the odd weekend work - since we run 7 days a week, we expect our office staff to take turns covering the weekend work - its likely that this would be once a month but all shifts would be agreed as a team with at least one months notice.The role requires the candidate to have knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook. And we are looking for someone who is keen to learn as we have lots of opportunities for growth and development in the role if we can get the right candidate.
- Taking customer orders through email and by phone, dealing with enquiries and updating CRM system.
- Data input - taking information and inputting into our ordering system and into excel.
- Using our ordering system to output production numbers to create our production numbers in excel to our Production Team, Dispatch Team and Driver Team.
- Spreadsheet work - using spreadsheets to analyse and interpret information (training would be given on Excel but a basic knowledge of the program is required for this role, likewise with Outlook and Word)
- Strong communication skills, oral and written
- Computer literate
- Target driven
- Ability to self-manage / seek out tasks
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively
- Able to accept/give constructive feedback
- GBP 12k- GBP 13k DOE
- Mon - Friday 9-5.30 (weekend shifts may apply every 3 weeks)
The Modern Apprenticeship Programme is targeted at building our workforce of the future. Funding for training is available for applicants aged 16-19 and for disabled and care-experienced applicants between the ages of 20-29. Please ensure, if you are applying for a Modern Apprentice post, that you meet one of these criteria.You will be supported throughout your apprentice journey by a dedicated QA Assessor, you will undertake an X Programme which leads to the achievement of an SCQF level 6.
QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.