Hayes Dental - Dental Nurse Apprentice
Not taking applications
This is an exciting opportunity to train for a career as a Dental Nurse. Apprentices will be employed by a CQC registered Dental Practice who will support their learning on the job as well as gain an industry-recognised qualification.
- Set-up and prepare the surgery for the type of patient and treatment planned before the start of each session
- Clean and sterilise all instruments/equipment and working surfaces to the required standards at the end of each session
- Prepare the necessary materials and instruments
- Ensure safe disposal of sharps and clinical waste
- Process, dental radiographs and assist in the correct procedure for dental radiography either via the computer or processing unit.
- Maintain and clean radiograph processing unit
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with all members of the dental team
- Escort patients from the waiting room to the surgery, confirming the medical history is up-to-date and warning the dentist of any problems that he/she has noted
- Monitor and maintain stocks within dental surgery as necessary, informing the Practice Manager/Principal Dentist and liaising with them over necessary orders and warning of any shortages of materials in the stock cupboard.
- Perform chaperoning duties for dentists when treating patients
- Follow all practice policies and procedures
- Obey all dental ethical guidelines including all rules on confidentiality
- Report equipment failures or breakages to the Practice Manager/Principal Dentist
- Continually interpret the needs of patients and dentists and deal with them promptly and efficiently
- To meet and greet clients in a friendly and efficient manner
- To update patient medical forms
- To ensure the correct NHS forms have been signed
- To ensure the correct Private forms have been signed and updated
- To book appointments on the computer or appointment book for clients either face to face to by telephone
- To work and learn skills of a dental receptionist.
- To liaise with the Practice Manager/Principal Dentist on all matters concerning administration, pay and service conditions
- To take reasonable care for her/his own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by her/his acts or omissions at work
- Assist the dentist in the completion of patient records
- Ensure that all necessary laboratory work is returned and ready for each session
- Assist in all clerical and administrative duties as required by the Practice Manager/Principal Dentist
- Identify your training and development needs and undertake appropriate training as required and agreed with the Practice Manager/Principal Dentist
- Perform any other tasks that are reasonably requested by the Principal Dentist
- To positively promote services available at the clinic in order to improve sales