Hytera is a leading global solution provider of professional mobile radio communications, dedicated to bringing the most valued and user-centric solutions to clients across the world.
We are looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to join our technical services team based in Slough. This position offers the opportunity to work with advanced digital radio communication test sets, IFR, IP networks and associated technologies (e.g. Tier III, DMR, GSM/3-5G/LTE, GPS, Bluetooth etc.) and equipment (spectrum and network analysers, air interface diagnostic/logging tools etc.).
Reporting to the Head of Technical Services and working alongside a talented team of qualified engineers and technicians, the successful candidate will responsible for:
- Supporting customer configurations through basic radio programming and customer programming software (CPS)
- Electronic fault finding and diagnostics of repairs
- Upgrading radio firmware
- Processing terminal licences
- Controlling distribution of demonstration equipment
- Supporting the RMA portal and maintaining the smooth running of the customer interface
- Supporting the team with large and complex orders
- Providing technical support on products to our customers
- Holiday cover for the spares controller
The ideal person will be proactive and willing to learn new skills in order to become an integral member of the team. They will have a strong work ethic, good time management skills and the ability to problem solve. Strong communication skills are also a must, as this role will directly interact with our customers.The Technical Services Apprentice will provide a valuable service to Hytera customers through the repairs, upgrades and licensing of our two-way communication terminal products.