Revenue and Customs Digital Technology Services (RCDTS) is an IT company, wholly owned by HMRC and aligned within the Chief Digital and Information Office (CDIO). The group sets the technology direction for HMRC and is responsible for the delivery and support of a large, complex and diverse IT estate. The focus of the RCDTS business is to work alongside HMRC CDIO colleagues in cohesive teams to develop and maintain that IT estate.
This is an exciting opportunity to earn while you learn. As a Business Analyst Apprentice within RCDTS, you will be a key member of the delivery team designing and modifying our IT systems. Collaborating with our business stakeholders and subject matter experts you will gather information, documents and data to analyse and identify our business needs and requirements.
- Organise the identification of key stakeholders and subject matter experts and conduct interviews to understand their problems and needs
- Identify and tailor business requirements into supplier proposals
- Gather, document and help verify information relating to business analysis and requirements activities
- Lead and support meetings and workshops with IT suppliers and other key stakeholders
- Identify, document and mitigate risks and issues, escalating where appropriate
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Inquisitive, flexible and a good communicator
- Passionate about IT and enjoys solving problems
- Self-motivated, professional and open to continuous learning
- Able to communicate technical and business matters clearly in lay terms for comprehension by multiple audiences
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple shifting priorities
- Able to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with business problems
- Able to present to management and customers and facilitate collaboration
- Able to facilitate collaboration and lead effective communication with all stakeholders to support design, build and delivery to meet the user need
- Business or Business related Degree eg. Finance, Economics etc.
- One of the following plus 12 months industry related experience:
- An A Level in ICT
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- An Apprenticeship in a similar subject at a level lower than the planned programme
- A BTEC extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
- Non Business related Degree + at-least 6 months of work experience (within an office environment)
- 2+ years of experience within an office environment
Alongside this you will also need to hold GCSE Maths & English A*-C or equivalent.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Please note this role may require some travel with occasional overnight stays and you may be required to travel to a relevant training centre for your Apprenticeship training dependent on your location.
Please also be aware that this vacancy may close early if there is a high volume of applications, we therefore advise that you submit your application as soon as possible.