The Norville Group continues as an independent family owned business, based in Gloucester in the South-West of England. Our spectacle lens supply business was established over 60 years ago and is constantly being modernised to meet today’s changing technology.
Norville operate a network of nationwide laboratories, in addition to the Gloucester hub, at Bolton, Edinburgh, Harrogate and Seaham.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in day to day support of hardware & software to ensure computer links to all departments are running as smoothly as possible.
- Maintain and check daily, weekly, monthly backups of all servers to ensure data is stored safely & can be reused in event of loss or corruption.
- Keep printers and other IT peripherals in working order & assist with maintenance and change of ribbons, toners and other consumables as required by various departments.
- Take calls from our branches & other sections to diagnose problems which may occur with any of the hardware & software running at these sites.
- Issue maintenance calls to any support agencies when necessary to deal with faults which cannot be solved in house.
- Assist in monitoring IT & Communications networks and act upon any faults or problems which may occur.
- Monitor event logs regularly to identify any potential IT system problems that may be occurring.
- Provide correct connections to IT equipment, including installation of cabling requirement for any department/branch. This may be contracted out as necessary.
- Setup and secure mobile technology.
- Be prepared to take occasional travel to our branches to install, maintain or repair IT equipment.
- Be available to work outside normal working hours to do any work deemed necessary to avoid disruption to production.
- Good communicator, well-mannered with good interpersonal skills.
- Able to regularly move around a building with 3 floors to deal with issues at the desk and machinery.
- Have an interest in manufacturing, and be willing to help out in those areas.
- Don’t mind getting hands dirty while working in the labs.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Good understanding computer hardware.
- Basic knowledge of networks, databases and security.
- GCSEs or higher in IT, Maths and English.
- Working at the Gloucester site (15 minutes’ walk from railway/bus station)
- 7am to 4pm or 8am to 5pm. (Negotiable) Monday to Friday, with 1 hour for lunch.
- Out of hours and working off site will be required from time to time.
Salary: £7,500 per annum
Desired qualification requirements:
5 GCSE’s or equivalent Including Maths and English
Benefits of the role:
- Being involved in our upgrade plan of new computers and software.
- Exposure to the latest IT infrastructure.
- Carrying out a diverse range of tasks.
- Basic optical training will be provided.
- Develop customer service skills.
- Sharing knowledge in a team.
- Working in a friendly environment.
- Learning to do remote work for employees at different sites.
- Feeling valued.
Will open many employment opportunities doors where you will be multi skilled with an understanding of manufacturing, optics, good customer service, and the latest technology.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years