Are you interested in technology? Are you wanting to gain experience within unified communications and troubleshooting? If so, apply for this role now!
Weston Distribution are looking to grow their team with the addition of an IT apprentice!
Roles & Responsibilities (will include but not be limited to):
- Using cable testing tools to check ethernet connectivity, software tools to test hardware issues such as hard-drives etc
- Install Software and provide remote support to clients and customers
- Carry out repairs and maintenance of CCTV equipment both in house and remotely
- Log all findings and customer contacts into the internal database for any future issues
- Cable installations for clients in line with business needs and health and safety legislation
- Installation, maintenance and configuration of a range of CCTV tools
Full training and support will be provided throughout your apprenticeship by the employer and provider.
Desired qualities, skills & knowledge:
- Technical knowledge of hardware e.g. components/ ability to build PC
- Confident on the phone for interactions with customers
- Ability to work well within a small team
- Able to deal with constructive feedback and suggestions of improvement
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to learn
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- £8112 Per Annum
- Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- 20 days Holiday + Bank holiday
- Team social events
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme. You, along with your employer, may progress to a Level 4 programme, and take your training even further.
About the employer
Weston Distribution was founded by and is still run by Darren and Michelle Weston. Darren and Michelle have run technology businesses for over 30 years and recently sold their communications company The Weston Group (to AIM listed Adept4 Plc) so they could concentrate on their CCTV technology company, Weston Distribution.
Established in 2000, Weston Distribution are a true family business with the main focus on quality, excellent service and industry-leading after sales support.
Baltic Apprenticeships were the first training provider to offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage.
Funding & Eligibility criteria
Due to funding requirements, there are specific candidate criteria that apply to this apprenticeship opportunity. In order for our employer to offer this vacancy, they must be able to draw down full government funding for the position. As such, only candidates aged 16 - 18 will be eligible to apply for this vacancy.
Individuals must have a valid and eligible residency status to apply for this role.