Magikos IT is chosen by our customers because we are highly skilled, trained and professional people who take pride in delivering IT services to businesses.
We focus on what our customers want, and support them beyond delivery of products or services, including:
- Business Email & Collaboration Solutions
- Data Backup & Recovery
- IT & Network Support
- Network Design & Installation
- Cloud Services
- Data Protection & Recovery
- Project Management
- System Administration
- Technology Advice & Guidance
- End User Protection & Security
- Web Application & Website Design
- Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate candidate to complete a 13-15 month Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship.
Initial duties will predominantly be supervised by other technical staff and as
skills develop, the applicant will be given further autonomy in their day to day
Main role and responsibilities:
- Attendance at customers’ sites (supervised & unsupervised)
- Development of IT skillset in line with the Magikos IT training and development plan
- Attendance at business networking events (supervised & unsupervised)
- Documentation of relevant procedures as directed by other Magikos IT staff
- Preparation of software and hardware for IT projects (supervised & unsupervised)
- Installation and configuration of software and hardware at customer sites (supervised and unsupervised)
- Product and purchasing research and development with formal and informal written reporting
- Provision of onsite and remote customer technical support (supervised & unsupervised)
- Representation of Magikos IT at relevant trade shows and events (supervised & unsupervised)
- Provision of relevant mileage, expenses and receipts incurred as a result of work carried out on behalf of Magikos IT in a prompt manner in accordance with the Magikos IT operating policies and procedures
- Liaison with any third-party organisations to assist in the resolution of fault calls to include:
- Initial investigation and information gathering for reported faults
- Logging of support calls with third-party agencies
- Assistance in the technical diagnosis and investigation
- Liaison with other IT and end-user staff with regard to progress
- Escalation of faults and issues where appropriate
You may be asked to complete any other relevant duties as directed by senior Magikos IT staff.
- Familiarity with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 or equivalent Operating System such as OS X / MacOS or Linux
- Understanding of domestic broadband and networking technologies including wireless network setup and connection of PC, laptop and mobile devices
- Ability to connect a standard printer to a laptop or PC by USB, Ethernet or wireless
- Some familiarity with Microsoft Office or an Open-Source equivalent such as LibreOffice
- Sound communication skills, both spoken and written
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Awareness of IT professional bodies and accreditation standards
- Diligence and professional pride
- 5 GCSE's or equivalent at grade A - C including English and Maths.
- Salary increase on completion of apprenticeship
- Potential to further skills and qualifications with further learning and enrolment onto a level 4 apprenticeship
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.