Mishcon de Reya is an independent law firm, which now employs more than 900 people with over 550 lawyers offering a wide range of legal services to companies and individuals.
Based in London, the firm services an international community of clients and provides advice in situations where the constraints of geography often do not apply. The work it undertakes is cross-border, multi-jurisdictional and complex, spanning six core practice areas: Corporate; Dispute Resolution; Employment; Intellectual Property; Private; and Real Estate.
Mishcon de Reya has grown rapidly in recent years, showing more than 80% revenue growth in the past five years alone. In 2015, the firm moved into a purpose designed building on Kingsway, and has converted to both an alternative business structure and LLP.
Mishcon de Reya prides itself on the diverse range of people who make up the firm. The central role played by the Academy, the firm’s in-house place of learning, development and new thinking, and its active and innovative social impact strategy are reflected in its Investors in People Platinum standard.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a bright and enthusiastic Apprentice to join our Finance Department. The Apprentice will gain valuable hands-on experience within their designated team, whilst gaining exposure to all three major disciplines, thus generating a real in-depth understanding of how a successful Finance function operates within a leading London Law Firm.
This role will work closely with the Mentor and Manager in each team who will create a positive and supportive working environment that will enable the Apprentice to put their academic learning into practice, whilst having the opportunity to add real-time value and contribute to each team.
Duties and Responsibilities: [Working with the Systems Accountant to:]
- Maintain and develop the firm's practice management system, and other core finance systems
- Improve and develop finance systems and processes
- Assisting in finance system upgrades and testing
- Troubleshooting finance system issues, liaising with IT or third party support to ensure efficient resolution
- Maintaining finance system databases and assisting with month-end close and system balancing procedures
- Support the finance department with data requests, report design and ad-hoc analysis
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Genuine interest to develop a career within a leading Finance Department is essential
- Dynamic and driven individual who demonstrates a positive and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work, happy to get 'stuck in' to all aspects of the role
- Enjoys working as part of a team as well as independently
- Self-motivated and disciplined to be able to juggle academic deadlines with their workload
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- 5 x GCSE's including Maths and English at Grade C and above
- Business or Business related Degree eg. Finance, Economics, Maths etc.
- Non Business related Degree + at-least 6 months of work experience in a business environment (must be full time)
- At least 1 x A - level + 12 months’ work experience in a business environment (must be full time)
Monday - Friday - 9am to 5pm / 35hrs per week.
Diversity & Inclusion lie at the heart of our core values.
At Mishcon de Reya, our aim is to promote and foster a culture which embraces diversity, respect for the individual and the expression of talent, to empower individuals to fulfil their, and the firm’s, potential. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how this could work for you and our business.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.