ESP Projects Ltd was founded in 2002. Comprising of 18 members of staff, we provide ICT Services to clients based mainly in South Yorkshire, however we have clients from Stornoway to Surrey, And Scotland to Southend. This work is largely based on installing and servicing PC’s and Servers both on-site and in our workshop. In addition, we provide a telephone and email helpdesk to our clients in the form of direct assistance from our engineers.
What makes ESP special is that we are a Social Enterprise. We are committed to providing our partners in the not-for-profit sector with access to impartial, low-cost but high-quality ICT Services as well as bursaries for IT training drawn from our profits. In addition, we have an employee share-ownership scheme and invest in training quite heavily.
ESP maintains excellent service standards and we expect all members of staff to be committed to our client-focussed approach. The team is small, friendly and very approachable and welcomes talented people from any background.
We are an established company providing ICT Services to clients across the nation. We require an enthusiastic and confident individual with demonstrable technical talent to work within a team of 8 other engineers.
Due to rapidly growing demand, ESP Projects Ltd requires an apprentice for first line support to work in our busy helpdesk in Sheffield.
- Call handling
- Creating, assigning and solving tickets via our ticketing system.
- Diagnosing problems with Windows, Windows Servers and Office
- Helping our clients with any issues they may have with their systems
- Tackling first line support issues, such as virus scans, malware removal and installation of software.
- Aiding other engineers in the completion of their duties
- Recording work completed in the ticketing system
- Escalating calls to 2nd line support.
- Managing workload.
- Monitoring backups and RMM systems
The role will entail additional opportunities such as:
- Monitoring and fixing issues with backup software
- Maintenance of Windows Server systems
- Rapid learning opportunities around Microsoft Networks
- Opportunities to learn about the Office 365 system
- Auditing and reviews of PC networks
- Installing and troubleshooting Software issues.
- Management of users on server environments.
Desirable skills and personal qualities:
- Interest in and experience of working with PCs
- Organised, disciplined and punctual
- Communicative and outgoing
- Exceptional telephone skills
- Good written English skills
- Working knowledge of Windows
- Understanding of basic networking concepts and terminology
- Able to work under own initiative
- Flexibility to learn new tasks
- The ability to manage workload
At least 5 GSCE’s, including English and Maths at GCSE grade C or above.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.