Astec Computing are a Microsoft Gold Partner and have many other industry accreditations. This has been achieved by investing in our team with continual training and learning. This means you have access to the most skilled and knowledgeable people to help your business. We have many years of experience, operating successfully since 1992 with a huge breadth and depth of expertise covering every aspect of technology in Business.
Main role and responsibilities:
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Answering, action and monitoring centralised IT Service Desk phone calls Carrying out initial incident diagnostics, resolving with a first line fix where possible or escalating to other areas of the IT Department to resolve if necessary
- Using your skills to support customers via telephone, remote access tools and on occasion, on site
- Updating all records in a timely manner, with associated information pertaining to the full life cycle of the support call Liaising with second line support personnel, as required
- Good communicator
- Hard worker
- Previous experience of speaking with members of the public
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Friendly and personable nature
- Keen to be part of a team
- 5 GCSE’s total
- English and Maths GCSE grade D or above
- 3x GCSEs grade A-C in any subject
- A-Levels, preferably in ICT
Full time position with further development and career progression.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.