We have world’s best-selling booking and dispatch software trusted by companies in 34 countries and 350 cities worldwide. Over 1.5 million jobs booked through us every day.
We’re a profitable, passionate and forward-thinking company, who are proud of the products and service we develop and deliver. We offer exciting and challenging careers within a fast-paced environment where your ideas and skills are valued; where you are supported to develop your full potential and your own personal development is closely linked to our own business growth. In return for your hard work and enthusiasm, the rewards of a career here are huge. As well as the satisfaction of working on exciting projects alongside some of the most impressive professionals in software today, you’ll play a part in improving the prospects of some of the UK’s biggest and most successful businesses in the travel sector. You’ll also enjoy the pride that comes from being part of a company with a superb reputation and which enjoys the respect and loyalty of its many customers.
A Software Developer enjoys the challenge of designing and building applications that solve today’s business needs. This person must be willing to keep up to date with:
- The fast-moving cloud services landscape including IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS designs to remain an effective member of the development team.
- A software developer should work equally well on a team or independently, given a set of project requirements or tasks. This requires the developer to possess excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- The developer should understand the aspects of the software development cycle, from architecture to testing. This person designs, builds, and maintains efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- They should also be able to effectively gather customer requirements and ask clarifying questions when needed and translate these requirements to actionable tasks they perform, or delegate to members of the team
- A good understanding of application development practices and design patterns, application lifecycle management, and common software architectures.
- Solid understanding of modern DevOps practices, including automation, continuous delivery, continuous deployment, and continuous integration methodologies.
- Decent understanding of common database technologies, such as SQL Database/Server, MySQL.
- Good knowledge of Agile development best practices.
- Understanding of Software testing and optimization methodologies, including writing unit tests and executing performance and regression testing.
- Enthusiastic and driven approach to tasks with a keen interest in Software Development.
- Ability to develop software using Agile methodologies.
- Great Presentation skills with an ability to deliver to small and large audiences.
- Capable of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through.
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Level 3 Software Development Apprenticeship
- English GCSE - grade D or above
- 5x GCSE’s, including Maths, at grade A-C
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain a permanent position within this dynamic and growing business with plenty of room to develop and progress.
We offer a range of fantastic benefits and social events including:
- Free coffee, tea biscuits and fruit
- Spacious social area including pool table, football table and table tennis
- Fully equipped, free on-site gym
- Holidays - 25 days plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance – provides you with 24/7 life cover for all causes of death whilst being an eligible member of 2x your basic salary
- Confidential, 24/7 Employee assistance programme including a Health portal sharing advice and support for all employees
- Share option Scheme – sharing in the success of Autocab all employees are entitled to share options in the company (after successful probation)
- Profit Share Bonus – all employees to share in Company profitability
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Regular social events including BBQs, tournaments, quizzes, nights out and much more
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.