AzteQ are committed to helping organisations overcome challenges and unlock opportunities using technology. We are skilled in the art of gaining an understanding of what our clients are trying to achieve as a business and applying the right people, process and technology to achieve their goals. We treat our customers’ challenges as our own.
We underpin the work we do with our ethos of being dedicated to service and customer experience – meaning that we will always make sure we exceed our customers’ expectations.
We listen to our customers; we learn from them.
We treat our customers’ challenges as our own.
We deliver a high level of service with every interaction.
This apprenticeship role will provide you with a broad understanding of the various elements of IT support and infrastructure. From analysing issues on our helpdesk to visiting client sites to triage, resolve or escalate issues. The role is to provide first line IT support to clients, assisting with issues via the phone, email and remote support tools.
Provisioning cloud-based services by utilising various vendor cloud portals and using the company’s Remote Management and Monitoring (RMM) tools to manage and monitor client infrastructure and work with NOC team.
We offer additional support and training through a number of different vendors as part of the role and a great potential career development path.
Main role and Responsibilities:
To provide first line technical support.
This may include:
- Remote access to the client’s machine to resolve problems.
- Utilise the RMM tools to continually monitor and manage problems as they arise and/or proactively prevent problems arising, working together with the service desk and NOC team.
- To assist with installs, moves and changes. Physically building, configuring, installing or repairing IT services and solutions.
- Assist with support and resolving issues with audio/visual equipment.
- Provision cloud-based services by utilising various vendor cloud portals.
- Log all incidents in the Service Desk system as required/directed and follow ITIL based service desk procedures and processes.
- Take ownership of client incidents and be pro-active when dealing with them.
- Liaison with vendors to resolve issues
- Keep the client informed regarding the status of incidents.
- To visit client site and provide technical support for logged issues.
- To work on projects under the guidance of senior engineers.
- Develop good working relationships with clients and establish a solid understanding of their infrastructure and business needs and issues.
- Routine PSA system administration such as logging time, updating client contact information, etc.
- Consistently document knowledgebase with client information and fixes.
- Working within the guidelines of client specific service level agreements and objectives.
- A passion and interest in IT
- An understanding of Microsoft packages
- Drive and ambition to succeed
- Good communication skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Good problem solving and organisational skills
- Self-motivated and use own initiative
- Good team player
5 GCSE's, grade A*-C, including Maths and English.
Future prospects / Other Information:
- Great career development
- Social activities
- Dress down Fridays
- Fun and friendly place to work
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.